Another year has passed and through your generous donations the American Friends of Whistler continues to make a difference in, for many of us, our second community. Over the years we have been able to assist a great number of organizations across a diverse group of initiatives. It can only be done with your help and we hope you share our excitement for what has been achieved over the years.
Since 2004, AFOW has provided almost $2.4 million in financial support to registered, non-profit organizations, providing benefits to the Whistler community in the areas of health and human services, culture and the arts, and the environment and outdoor recreation. More than $150,000 was donated in 2017 to the following organizations:
• Audain Art Museum for the permanent endowment of the museum’s foundation.
• Whistler Writing Society supporting workshop series during 2017 Writers’ Festival.
• Whistler Remembrance Place to build a new home for the Whistler Cenotaph to provide a prominent and honorable location for this monument.
• Whistler Mountain Ski Club supporting the USA Team at the 25th Annual Whistler Cup, one of the largest international youth ski races.
• Whistler Animal Galore for installation of stone fencing around dog run.
• Whistler Community Services Society for their Food Bank and outreach programs.
• Spearhead Huts Society for the Kees and Claire Memorial Hut for building supplies.
• Whistler Adaptive Sports Program for a highly specialized adaptive mountain bike for individuals with low mobility.
• Whistler Search and Rescue for equipment.
For more detailed information download the AFOW Annual Report 2017.