Another year has passed and through your generous donations the American Friends of Whistler continues to make a difference in, for many of us, our second community. Over the years we have been able to assist a great number of organizations across a diverse group of initiatives. It can only be done with your help and we hope you share our excitement for what has been achieved over the years.
Since 2004, AFOW has provided almost $2.2 million in financial support to registered, non-profit organizations, providing benefits to the Whistler community in the areas of health and human services, culture and the arts, and the environment and outdoor recreation. More than $800,000 was donated in 2016 to the following organizations:
- Audain Art Museum for the permanent endowment of the museum’s foundation.
- Whistler Off Road Cycling Association for trail building.
- BMX Society for a new track in Whistler.
- Whistler Arts Council for program development.
- Whistler Community Services Society for their Food Bank and outreach programs.
- Spearhead Huts Society for the Kees and Claire Memorial backcountry hut.
For more detailed information please refer to the following: