On February 19, at the Audain Art Museum, AFOW members met new Whistler Blackcomb COO, Pete Sonntag, and enjoyed a presentation about happenings on the mountains. Attendees also received a special tour of the Audain Art Museum. Thank you to Pete Sonntag, acting mayor, John Grills, the Audain Art Museum staff, the Adele Campbell Fine Art Gallery and all those who made this event possible.
More than $130,000 was donated in 2017 to the following organizations:
- Audain Art Museum for the permanent endowment of the museum’s foundation.
- Whistler Writing Society supporting workshop series during 2017 Writers’ Festival.
- Whistler Remembrance Place to build new home for the Whistler Cenotaph to provide a prominent and honorable location for this monument.
- Whistler Mountain Ski Club supporting the USA Team at the 25th Annual Whistler Cup, one of the largest international childrens’ ski races.
- Whistler Animal Galore for installation of stone fence around dog run.
- Whistler Community Services Society for their Food Bank and outreach programs.
- Spearhead Huts Society for the Kees and Claire Memorial Hut for building supplies.
- Whistler Adaptive Sports Program for a highly specialized adaptive mountain bike for individuals with low mobility.
- Whistler Search and Rescue for equipment.