On Tuesday, November 29, charities, families, businesses, and foundations come together to celebrate generosity.
American homeowners in Whistler can give back to support the community through donations to AFOW, a U.S. registered 501(c) (3) non-profit organization which then distributes funds to Whistler charities. Since it is a U.S. charity, your AFOW contribution is U.S. tax deductible — just like one in your local community.
Since 2004, AFOW has provided more than $2 million in financial support to registered, non-profit organizations, providing benefits to the Whistler community in the areas of health and human services, culture and arts, the environment and outdoor recreation.
More than $700,000 was donated in 2016 to the following organizations:
- Audain Art Museum for the permanent endowment of the museum’s foundation.
- Whistler Off Road Cycling Association for trail building.
- BMX Society for a new track in Whistler.
- Whistler Arts Council for program development.
- Whistler Community Services Society for their Food Bank and outreach programs.
- Spearhead Huts Society for the Kees and Claire Memorial backcountry hut.
With your assistance we can continue to make a difference. Please give serious thought to advancing the good work of AFOW. Our website http://www.afow.org covers the necessary gifting details or feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.